If you ever wanted to send Lumens or assets to somebody who may not have a Stellar account yet, you might wonder what would be the best way to do that.
Surely, asking a person for a wallet address is one option.
However, you have to be prepared for at least some of the following to happen:
- Wait until you hear back from that person with an answer.
- Explain what is Stellar, how to receive stellar assets and how to send them.
- Recommend an app where people can store their lumens and assets.
- Help with setting up the wallet.
- Wait until the person finally gives you the address.
Sending a Stellar transaction typically takes just a few seconds.
The steps above might take a lot longer, which could defeat the benefit of super fast Stellar transactions.
LOBSTR can help you save your time.
You just have to know the email address of the person. Here's how:
Let’s say you want to send 5 XLM to John Doe. John’s email is email@example.com.
Open your favorite Stellar wallet and make a 5 XLM payment to firstname.lastname@example.org*lobstr.co
(Your favorite Stellar wallet should support federations, obviously)
LOBSTR will take care of the rest.
As soon as you send the payment, John will receive the following email:
Once John clicks on “Claim Funds” LOBSTR will guide him through the quick sign up process and once he opens the wallet the funds will be already there.
And in case the receiver doesn’t want to claim funds or forgot to do so, the payment will be automatically returned to the sender after 30 days.
We plan to expand the service by adding:
- support sending by tel number instead of email (LOBSTR already supports sign in with telephone number);
- an option for the sender to revoke transaction at any time until it’s claimed (whether it’s sent from LOBSTR or other wallet). In that case, a receiver will get a revoke notification email/SMS.