Improvement of the ecosystem is all about collaboration. That’s why we aim to make identicons easily accessible for other projects building on Stellar.
And since it would be confusing to see one Stellar address visualized differently in various products, we have built a dead-simple API tool for anyone who would want to integrate identicons in their product.
So how do you get an identicon? Let’s say you have a Stellar address:
To get the identicon for this address, use the following URL:
All you need to do is make a GET request to obtain the image:
We have also open-sourced the code used to generate identicons for those interested in direct integration.
See the following Github repositories for more details:
- Python: https://github.com/Lobstrco/stellar-identicon-py
A few more details about identicons
If you are interested in integration, you might want to know that each identicon:
- is generated only once, then saved and served fast
- is served through global CDN (Cloudfront) for fast delivery and high availability
- is served as a square image in PNG format
- has a file size of <1KB
- has dimensions of 200x200 pixels
- can be generated locally using open-sourced code
We believe this makes identicons ideal for most use cases and projects built on Stellar.
Have additional questions or need assistance with integration? Contact us over at email@example.com